CREDENTIALING - DIPLOMATE
The Diplomate Certification is the Association's most exclusive and recognized accomplishment.
Diplomate Certification Requirements:
- Membership, Fellowship and Mastership must be established in the International Dental Implant Association to apply for Diplomate credentials.
You must also complete one or more of the requirements below:
- Attend a Live Patient course and obtain 350 hours of course credits from Implant Seminars or other dental implant approved courses.
- Must submit completed CE forms, copy of certificate of completion and any other documentation that these hours have been achieved or complete 3 of the 6 below.
- Submit (75) completed implant cases with full documentation (i.e. outline each case and include photos via digital or panoramic)
- Successfully pass the Diplomate multiple choice and oral examination.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from current International Dental Implant Association Diplomate.
- Author or co-author an article or case report on implant dentistry.
- Practice implant dentistry for at least 5 years.
- Attend the Annual Symposium induction ceremony.
- Obtain 250 hours of implant related continuing education
- Submit total of 75 implant case, 10 sinus lift cases and a bone grafting case or full arch implant rehabilitation case
- Pass Diplomate exam
- Author/Co-Author an article or case report on implant dentistry OR Get 2 letters recommendation from current IDIA Diplomates
International Dental Implant Association Fellows must maintain their membership in good standing by attending at least one International Dental Implant Association sponsored meeting every two years.
How to apply
You can apply online by clicking Apply Here! Button
Applications are evaluated and processed by the Advanced Credentials Committee each month. Those persons who apply for membership or additional credentials have the opportunity to be presented with their appropriate award credential at any International Dental Implant Association sponsored conference.